Michelle Morris

Michelle Morris is a magnificent instructor. She exudes excitement and enthusiasm to her students. Michelle teaches regularly at the Black Creek Arts Center in Hartsville. Her abilities are proven by the tremendous turnout for her classes, month after month.
Michelle is an auxillary teacher with the Darlington County School District. She has done residencies all over the Pee Dee Region.

Michelle’s Description of Her Own Work:

The emotions and humor in my sculptures expands reality with whimsical imagery. My artwork brings the illusion of human emotions and actions to clay sculptures. The imagination flourishes and shows you an alternate world, bringing the illusion of human emotions and actions to clay sculptures.

Being a Second-Generation Traditional Ceramic Artist, I learned the differences in clay, the history and processes of ceramics. This information compels my artwork to take alternate turns while still maintaining the traditional qualities that I learned to love early in life.

I am inspired by many artists, some of which include: Mr. Walt Disney(for his amazing imagination), Michelangelo, Dr. Seuss, Shel Silverstein, Salvador Dali, Edvard Munch, and of course Patz Fowle, for whom without I would not be a second-generation Ceramic artist.My sculptures have been accepted in many competitions and exhibitions. I am currently sculpting, and creating art for Exhibitions, Commissions, and Private Collections.

Michelle’s Contact Info:

M_morris@msn.com
843.307.6382

No comments:

Post a Comment